Wednesday, March 30, 2005

directions




For some reason I decided to walk to Wal Mart today. I don't know what my fascination with the place is. I mean, there are LOTS of other places I could go for a walk. Well, it's for art. Anything done for art's sake is justifiable. I wanted to see what kind of colour I could add to the recent work I am doing. There are other colours for the black pens I like but red and blue are all they have and I think I'd like more of an ability to shade. Straight glow pens work but draw harsh lines so I decided to try some pencil crayons. I think I can blend them better and get the washed out pastel look I want. There are 36 colours, this will be fun, I've been using mostly black and white for so long I think I might enjoy this new path into a million shades of green and blue trees.




The wide open path winds its way past soccer fields, the park and playground and ends beneath the bridge across the narrowest span of the lake/river and on up the shoreline to where the water really widens out and becomes Kootenay Lake. There are 3 major valleys and two smaller ones that all meet here. A vortex of sorts, a nexus for altered chemical balances and distorted brain wave lengths and spirits in the caves pockmarked through hollow hills of silver and gold, crystals trap energetic particles and refract them within mirrored chambers of endless reflection, perfect little universes of their own.




Dark blue hills reflect where the paint is chipped from a long unused fire hydrant once painted a wild orange now changed by time and the way sunlight casts shadows and shifts colour. This modification in visual acuity is a private journey this camera takes when it endeavors to balance reflected light and render dimensional objects flattened and encoded for accurate re-presentation again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home