Thursday, March 17, 2005

st. patty's day

Odd reasons for celebration at best ... I cop out of participation with a statement like "I'm not Irish" but that hardly seems to matter anymore as this day seems to have gone way beyond just being Irish ie drunk. The green aspect to it is awesome considering the spring about to burst on the scene and my daughter wore green today for no other reason than 'this is the day we wear green at school'. I would have to say her school does a pretty awesome job of presenting all the holidays in a non-denominational way, so to speak.

So, just to remind us we live in the mountains where the weather is never the same, we get the tiniest dusting of snow overnight and the elephant bears the weight of the snow for brief moments until later today the sun will melt it away. While the rest of the country, especially back East, suffers under a relentless assault of winter weather I'm reminded why I'm so happy not to be living in Ontario. I know, smug westerners and their weather pride, ha so what, don't like it, move!




The photo got me thinking about photography, hmm imagine that, and I noticed the lines of the building are not square in the frame though I was square to the scene where I stood. So, while standing on the side of a hill taking the shot I may imagine what I see is on some imaginary horizontal and vertical axis, but in fact none of the lines are square. Perhaps this leads to more inspirational vision through constant change rather than the complacency squared and gridded cityscapes instill through solidity and constancy. I don't know, just a thought, like a writer living in the city will spill different ideas compared to the hippy in the mountain outback who stays inside his mind most days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home