Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Wind

I think I managed an hour today because as well as walking to and from the daycare twice I walked all the way downtown. Wild the way the wind whips through the streets. It's not often very windy here so any sustained blowing action is quite noticeable. I like the way it distorts sound, carrying far away noises near and masking the ones nearby with the round-the-ear roar it creates.

The city is strange today, much like the weather. Yesterday's brilliant sunshine and warm temperatures are replaced with a dull, white mask over the sky and a still influenced by winter wind oozing into all corners. Faces masked in pain look very strange in the muted light. I try not to look at them, glances to the window catch the curve of a shapely form and beneath the white blouse, nipples stand erect, accessible. Too bad her face is locked in a dead pan stare and her skin is made of some plastic mold but she's the only one I've seen all day who even has a glimmer of emotion on her face.

And that was about it, that's all I really got from today worth mentioning. Soon I will get the bike out and the exercise thing will become a moot point.




I did enjoy Ryder's easter egg a lot though, something about the swirl of galaxies within the gold design caught my eye and took me on a quick two second trip to the stars and back. It was quite cute how he guarded it safely in its base of a cut egg container, his precious egg. The minute we left the daycare property he sat in the grass at the side of the road and was getting ready to eat it, hard boiled ya know, and I had to coerce him into giving it up to me, so his mother could at least have a look at it before he devoured it. I distracted him with the trail from yesterday and he was happy to scamper up and down there for awhile, forgetting all about the egg. This time on the way home he made it to the path to the old lady's yard before me and proceeded down it. He stopped before actually going into the yard, turned around and looked back at the trail, smugly satisfied he had accomplished it, then back up to the road to walk home with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home