Monday, April 25, 2005

a day late, a dollar short



They had a grand opening for the new playground in the park. The Kootenay Kilties made an appearance. Ryder loves the drum and was bobbing his head to the beat while covering his ears to keep out the bagpipe noise, quite humourous. I discovered upon thought, that I am 50% Scottish. Hmm, no wonder I feel the urge to drink whiskey and climb hills.



The tulips are out in Fairview although not many yet. I'm amazed at the tiny green lines in the center of the red flower. Some strange anomaly with the focus I presume.



The yellow one is a little clearer but still the breeze keeps them in motion and hard to isolate.



I don't usually pose the kids but I loved the blue wall so much I ordered them to sit there and told them what to do. It was a joke to be sure.
A good weekend, having the new playground will be great for the kids in the summer and we'll probably be there a lot.



So then today I went with Garry and Robin on the Millenium Trail. Kind of an obscure little trail that winds around behind the golf course and comes out at the top above everything. It's a rugged little hike but the scenery is awesome. I included Garry & Jenn's house (the gray one just above the red roofs) to give a little perspective to where they live. I on the other hand live way down low near the water and the orange bridge. It is definitely time to get some fresh batteries for the camera.



This red umbrella sitting in the sun is a very distinct orange. There is a colour shift that happens when the batteries are low.



I had hoped this close-up of the umbrella would be bright red but again the wicked colour shift.



The yellow flowers came out okay but a lot darker than the scene really was and again with the weird green lines.



Then there is Jenn, all decked out in her my name is Satan shirt and farm girl hat. Gardening always digging and pulling and poking and shoveling. Planting and nurturing a brilliant display of colour destined to fade to brown and gray after the heat of the sun weakens and all this work will have been for naught but the moments of being inside the growth of the garden, extension of intention to flower!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hector the Crow said...

Very cool pics.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home