Saturday, July 30, 2005

runaway

So yesterday Tyla got so upset she ran away from her mom's place and started walking home to my place. It is at least fifteen miles, most of it highway walking, she is almost ten and I think realistically she could have made it no problem, however she really only looks about six and to see a kid that young walking on the highway well, someone stopped and drove her to my place. Needless to say I was freaked out but now I'm curious as to whether the couple, nice as they were, did the right thing. Personally I would have phoned the police, and as a parent would be way more comfortable with my daughter coming home with the cops than a strange couple. I wanted to know what they actually said that made her get in the car, because she knows better. She was unable to answer the question, she was too upset to make rational decisions. As for the couple well, we stress to our kids not to go with strangers so as strangers to a kid we cannot ask them to go with us. Isn't that it? Maybe they don't have their own kids yet, I don't know but I do know as a parent I would never ask a strange kid to compromise their training and come with me. Phone the cops, something else...am I wrong?



The squirrel catches the fill flash in the eye and takes on a menacing look with his muscles tensed pose, ready to dart away at any moment.



Cardboard cutout in the music store. Sort of a security guard in a way because he's life size and sometimes in the corner of your eye he seems to move and watch you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dez M.E. King said...

Huh - interesting point - as strangers, we cannot ask them to go with us.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I had never thought of it, but yeah, I would have been more comfortable with the cops as well. I do however, feel grateful that a nice couple ended up with her rather than some whacko. Once she calms down some, please get her to see the error of her ways.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home