Thursday, August 25, 2005

formless, . . .

. . it can enter where there are no gaps or space.




The penis like object is merely a drip of paint running down the side of the stone where the ground has been sprayed orange for some construction purpose. Such a strange colour, brings attention to it for sure.


Right nearby, the rush of Anderson Creek as it finally spills out to the lake. The slow shutter speed makes for an interesting halo effect.


The Nelson Rowing Club members launching a boat into the water. Why anyone would want to work up a sweat while travelling in a boat I don't know, I prefer to relax myself, but I'm sure not a workout kind of guy, heh. Must be kind of like zen though, once one gets into the rhythm of it.


The red maple leaf. Just like the flag. I love the yellow veins. It started the flag theme which generated a couple of other photos.


There is a huge Canadian flag at the mall. I stood at the pole and shot straight up. Without being able to frame it took me a few tries to get the position right then I only had to wait for the wind and a bit of luck. There is a curve in one of the lines in this that I really like. The best adjective I can think to describe it is swoop. I use it often when drawing, it's like a free flowing arc that finds its own radius, huh?


I spent a long time on this photo. Mostly because I knew exactly what I wanted right from the start and was able to practice until the wind caught the flag just right. It's shot straight into the puddle then flipped, a technique I often use for the abstract results and the vanishing point that goes in the wrong way, or something like that.


Suspended above a small blue circle that represents the eye of the artist the anomaly rising from the flat screen perspective spells out the visual cue necessary to reveal that, sometimes all is not as it seems, show me the meaning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home