Monday, February 20, 2006

thick bark


Measured in concentric lines the passage of time marks seventy or more years for this tree. The wider gaps in between lines on the right side of the image may have to do with this being the north side of the tree, I don't know, does it stand to reason the bark would get thicker on the colder northern side. Speaking of barks, mine is gone now, which was the main reason for my lack of daily attention here. I just haven't been getting out to take photos.


Nelson has no McDonalds, I repeat, Nelson has no McDonalds. It's true, the powers that be refuse to allow one here. They tried it with Starbuck's too but Safeway just said HAH, it's our store, we'll do what we want and went ahead and put one in their store. It's actually quite silly but hey, it's a small town. Anyway the lack of McDonalds means we miss out on all the cool things they put out, like hockey cards and mini-jerseys (3 in.). Lucky I have a good brother in Calgary who picks up the jerseys for me. Awesome! This is my favourite of all the Canada jerseys. I like the simplicity of the design. After thought: group photo of all the jerseys for tomorrow would be fun, you've been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home