Sunday, June 25, 2006

burn baby burn


When the character of a person is not clear to you, look at their friends.
- Japanese Proverb


More from the Rose garden at the end of the street. This is one of Tyla's favourites. I like the way the colours blend too!


This is not my favourite colour but it sure is intense.


"Like candy", Tyla says. I am pretty amazed at some of the colour gradations these roses manage to produce.


I'm getting quite frustrated trying to reproduce the rich purple of flowers. In the shade they always come out very blue. It just isn't the same.


We were at the park/beach all day today. Just when we were getting ready to go home and have lunch we ran into the kids Auntie Joey. She was attending a church picnic and the kids were encouraged to eat. We all ate and afterwards the pastor and a few of the others tried to persuade me to come out to the church. I let them know I was spiritual but not religious. That never makes sense to the pious. Also I have heard that Baptists take the bible quite literally and I happen to believe it wasn't meant to be interpreted like that. No conversion today, sorry.


It was when Tyla ran into her friend Jordan that I knew we'd be staying for awhile. She had been complaining of no one to play with so the timing was perfect. What an awesome hot summer day. However when I was a kid there was no fear of the sun. I was in the sun constantly as a child. Now it would appear that the sunlight spells danger as far as skin cancer goes and of course Ryder can't keep his hat or shirt on for two seconds. Adapt into the future I always say!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hector the Crow said...

I tend to use the words spiritual and religious interchangably. I don't think of religion as being necessarily churchy, or dogmatic. When I walk in the woods to get away from all that human bullshit, and take things in, I feel very religious.

10:11 PM  
Blogger dave said...

To me, religion can be taught, spirituality only felt. Therefore what you felt in the woods would be spiritual, or some bad chicken you ate, heh!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Just touching down

and touching base with my friend. before I take off.

I haven't even looked at the pictures yet. I won't lie.

But to comment on y'all's convo there.

I normally tell folks that I'm not a religious man, but I am most like the most spiritual man you'll ever meet.

But anyway I really enjoyed how hippie c. explained his use of religious by walking in the woods.

I agree. My mind seperates the two words completely, the associative prosses. But I just liked the way he (or you if you're reading) said it.



~ James

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home