Thursday, August 16, 2007

floating ash


The first thing I noticed was the red streak across the floor. Very bright red like paint almost yet it was the sunlight distorted through smoke. When I went upstairs and looked out the window the sun was almost obscured. The air was filled with little white particles floating to the ground. It looked like a light snowfall. I extended my hand and let one of the 'flakes' land. As soon as I touched it it dissolved to ash. I know there is a fire about fifty miles south of here but I didn't think the ash could extend so far. There were some larger things falling too. The were about the size of a leaf. It is a very eerie sensation that activates the instinct to flee.


Some interesting star patterns.


Interesting colour.


I found this to be rather unusual. I don't recall ever seeing a sign like this before!






the introspection

by hands-free etching
revealed on shiny canvas
self discovery
manifest and evident
human definition fades

2 Comments:

Blogger westcoastmama said...

whoa, Dave...these are funky! I like your style :-)

11:25 PM  
Blogger dave said...

thanks Mary,
heh, the style is a canvas board shrink-wrapped in plastic that just happened to catch my reflection. The image was barely anything until I bumped up the contrast, then I jumped right out.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home