Friday, January 25, 2008

between layers


The next in the series of 'bob' photos, I like the little orange tree.


A mountain rises from the mist.


Don't let the innocent look fool you, these birds were mean, hungry-mean, they kept coming at me pecking away as if I were some tried and true source of food.


This one in particular kept jabbing at me, I even picked up some rocks and tossed them into the water, nothing, hardly even a glance to see what it was. This one was relentless and had decided the black camera was food. When I tried to photograph a small shape of ice, it became impossible, I had to leave for a few minutes in order to get rid of it and return for the shot.


This then would be the shot, worth it I suppose after all that, at least it has that om sound.


I am always on the hunt for the yin/yang design within nature. Sometimes I come across it by chance, I see a scene that contains a lot of potential and take the shot then spend the time later looking to see if one appears.


Other times it appears clearly and all I need to do is balance the shapes within the frame.


beyond mere suggestion
etched into the ice impression
another face takes shape


swirled in balanced layers
when time exerts visual pressure
the sea smiles


hand drawn by a discerning eye
various stages of frozen
come alive

1 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

what a cool blog.
beautiful pictures!
i really love it.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home