Wednesday, August 27, 2008

no breath passed


One night at about 9:30 as I sat on this porch, I saw a bear walk across my field of vision and sit for a moment in this very spot from which I look back to see what he saw, mother spirit exudes a sense of calm not fear.


The next morning, I walked as if on a cloud of separation from perception and eyed a circular combination, opposite in tone, reacting black to white, as if to say, the balance can be found here, and as I moved down into and across the bit of creek upon protruding stones to gain a better vantage point, a thought from nowhere crossed my mind, ... "what a perfect place to be trapped by a bear" ... and as I came back from the intense reverie concentration within a loud stream creates, a motion in the trees, black, hairy, ... not a wisp of air passed, not a muscle twitched, as suspended in one eternal second of fear ... then my breath returned, as my brain calculated quickly to determine, a dog had come to the creek edge, to investigate my peculiar position.


Last shot of Simon for awhile, smiling in dreams of peace, I'm going to miss the little guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home