Tuesday, August 11, 2009

mind full of nothing


While walking downtown with a friend I paused by a flower to photograph it. The person I was with asked, "What do you want to take a picture of a flower for?" I hesitated before answering, "For the colour". But, the more I thought about it, the more I realized, there is no good reason to take a photograph of anything, particularly, at least from a non-photographic point of view. The ability to separate ourselves from ourselves and see beauty everywhere and celebrate and appreciate all things beyond good and bad.


rejoice in the fact that ordinary things
when seen through the dharma
are extraordinary


mindful and appreciative
all the small things in life recognized
bring joy


nothing ever lines up exactly when the gateway
to a door entering only continuation
is confused by visual obstacles


power this easily obtained
though merely perceptive
requires mindfulness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home